The 13th Annual Teacher Workshop, presented by The PULSE and Broadway Dance Center, is an extraordinary educational training event, open to dance educators from around the world. It’s "Teachers teaching Teachers". This workshop is designed specifically for Studio Owners, Teachers and Assistants ages 18 and older.
- Three-day weekend with over 50 classes to choose from in all styles of dance: ballet, tap, jazz, theater dance, hip-hop, creative movement, pre-dance, yoga, warm up, progressions, fitness and more!
- Featuring The PULSE Faculty, Broadway Dance Center Master Faculty, NYC guests, and industry specialists.
- Recharge and Refresh: More choreography to take home than you can imagine!
- Seminars for Studio Owners: PR for your studio, website tips, college advice, business strategies, pre-dance ideas, tuition and increasing revenue in today’s economy, nutrition, injury prevention, recital suggestions, retail training and more!
- Seminars for Choreographers: Showcasing your work, finding your unique voice, expressing yourself through movement, how to avoid creative "blocks", choreography labs, programs, and classes.
- Creative Connect: A sit-down with PULSE faculty.
- Wine and Cheese Soiree to meet your fellow dance teachers.
- Discount shopping with Capezio.
- Certificate of completion and accreditation from Dance Teacher Magazine.
- Workshop t-shirt and goody bag.
- A folder just for you with class notes, schedules, weekend information, and special discounts - including a free class at Broadway Dance Center!
- Tons of extras including PULSE upgrades, headshots, Broadway Show tickets and more!
Thursday, July 25
Friday, July 26
Saturday, July 27
Sunday, July 28
"No where else on earth could you take from all these instructors in one place all in 3 days. The level of faculty at the Teacher Workshop is not comparable to any other workshop I have ever been to."
Sabetha Mumm • Dance Vision • Johnston, IA
"I attended my first PULSE event in 2009 and have been hooked ever since. I take away a feeling of weightlessness when I journey home after your events. Your faculty, staff, and special guests have enabled me to grow my studio to over 150 kids in less than 4 years."
Erica Ogle • Artistry in Motion Dance Studio • Vero Beach, FL
"At Teacher Workshop, I gain education on the latest insights and practical variations on HOW to teach technique. Also, I gain inspiration to reach deeper into the soul for choreography. It has an edge over the others because it truly lives in what the dance scene is today, not yesterday."
Victoria Hunt • Highland Dance Academy • Bellevue, WA
“No other teacher workshop provides such an unprecedented collection of renowned artists. The classes, instruction, and overall energy of the Teacher Workshop in NYC make The PULSE the most comprehensive event I've attended!”
Amanda N. Oliver • Falls Church, VA
"After taking Teacher Workshop for the second time in 2012, I took away a lot of choreography for my studio and the saying "I'm happy to be here and I am ready to work". My students now all say it (with enthusiasm) before each and every class! It gets them all in the right headspace to dance and is a wonderful motivator. The teachers at Teacher Workshop are absolutely amazing! The venue was great, close to everything and beautifully set out. Please bring The PULSE Teacher Workshop to Australia soon! I want my students to experience the best in dance and PULSE is it!"
Belinda Williamson • Northside School of Dance • Queensland, Australia